Monday, February 27, 2012

Hardest Decision Thus Far

So the story of Keira began 7 years ago when I met best friend.  We had our ups and downs throughout our friendship, but no matter what I had his back and he had mine.  One day, we started casually dating and surprise, ended up pregnant.  I told him I didn't want a relationship just because I was pregnant but he decided that was what he wanted.  Throughout the relationship, it started to crumble.  We would fight, scream, he wanted to go back to how things were with him and his friends.  He stayed out till 2-4 in the morning with his friends thinking it was ok and when I had something to say about it, I was in the wrong.  I was always in the wrong.  Well eventually, I asked the magic question again of "What do you expect for this", this time I got an answer of "All I want is her".  That led to the end.  That night we were finished.  Obviously this story could be longer.  But now, today, I had to make a terrible decision.  Not terrible really, just hard.   You see, I have this habit of trying to keep people in my life that I do not benefit from and it just depresses me.  It makes me feel worse about myself day in and day out.  When I was having a talk with my best friend today, he said we could be friends but not like we used to. We couldn't hang out like before, we can't text, and if we do it's only because of our daughter, and that's how it had to be because we are starting 2 separate lives with her being the only thing keeping us together.  That had to be the most hurtful thing he ever said to me.  Most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to me.  I thought I meant more to him.  I should've known better.  So I initially said yes, whatever you want.  Thinking about it on the way home I had to change my mind and said it wasn't fair to me.  Once again I was keeping with my pattern of keeping someone in my life that really should'nt be there.  If there was no effort on his end, why is there always some on mind.  So, I emailed him explaining what I am writing now.  Explaining that it pained me to admit it out loud and to cut off ties and end it.  But in reality I was just agreeing to what he was already doing.  I wished him luck in life and hope he finds what hes looking for.  Told him that I hope one day that he changes his mind and wants a friendship with me again, a real one, and hopefully I will be there for him like he was for me before.  Until then, we coparent.  And that's where we are now.  Now, when I tell that same story above,  I will always have to start by sayng "My old best friend..."

1 comment:

  1. My heart hurts for you!!! You are strong. You will get through this. And this will make you a stronger person. <3 u!

    ReplyDelete